17 Sep ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD SERVICES SECTOR SPOTLIGHT – 2020
Ottawa Employment Hub published the Accommodation and food services Sector Spotlight 2020 (based on number of jobs in 2019). This report provides a definition of the Accommodation and food services sector, shows how this sector stacks up against other top sectors in Ottawa, and takes a closer look at local employment, self-employment, business size and employer counts, as well as online supply and demand data.
Highlights from the Accommodation and food services sector in Ottawa:
- 6% of Ottawa jobs are in Accommodation and food services
- 2019 average annual salary for jobs in this sector was $21,874
- This sector accounted for 3% of all businesses in Ottawa and 7% of all employers
- This sector accounted for 6% of all Ottawa online job ads in 2019, most job ads posted by employers in Food Services and Drinking Places
- 41% of active online job seekers in this sector in 2019 identified Full-service restaurants and limited-service eating places as the most recent industry group in which they worked.